The Chagrin Valley Little Theater, located in the village of Chagrin Falls about 45 minutes east of Cleveland Ohio, is one of the oldest community theaters in the country. The theater company, founded in 1930, produces a full schedule of dramas, comedies, and musicals each year.
The Chagrin Valley Little Theater was founded as a small community theater company in 1930, when Chagrin Falls was a distance village, away from the big city. Originally, the actors and audiences were restricted to Chagrin Falls residents, but that rule was lifted in the 1960s.
The current building, constructed in 1948, features a 262-seat theater, several dressing rooms, a spacious lobby, and an upstairs "River Room," used for special events and refreshments during intermission.
The 2007/2008 Chagrin Valley Little Theater season includes:
- God Committee - September 28 to October 6
- Fuddy Meers - October 12 - 27
- Honk! - November 17 - December 16
- Laughing Stock - January 11 - February 2
- Sherlock Holmes: the Final Adventure - March 14 - 29
- Miss Witherspoon - March 28 - April 12
- Is There Life After High School? - April 18 - May 17
- The Seven Year Itch - June 6 - 28
- Polish Joke - July 14 - 19
- Urinetown: The Musical - July 25 - August 23
In addition to the regular productions, the Chagrin Valley Little Theater hosts a variety of special events. Schedule for the 2007/2008 season are:
- Chosts, Goblins, and Gobbledygook - October 27 and 28
- Chagrin Light Orchestra - October 20, February 16, April 5
- Holiday Gingerbread Tea - December 8 and 9
- New Year's Eve Special Show - December 31
Tickets to Chagrin Valley Little Theater performances are surprisingly affordable. Tickets start at just $8 and go up to $16. Some performances offer discounts for students and those 62 and older. See the CVLT Web site to order tickets.
Chagrin Valley Little Theater
40 River St.
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1983206-10372251" href="http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1983206-10372251" target="_top" "="">(updated 6-05-08)