Each summer, from mid-June to the end of August, the cultural institutions of Cleveland's University Circle
sponsor a series of free Wednesday concerts, ranging from jazz to big-band to classical.
The events are held from 6pm to 9pm. In addition to music, many of the area's museums offer extended hours and discounted admission and area restaurants offer samples of their cuisine. The 2013 dates are Wednesdays from June 12 to August 28.
Music events are held outside (weather permitting) on Wade Oval from 6pm to 9pm. The 2012 music line-up includes:
- June 12 - The Chozen Few Band
- June 19 - Lost State of Franklin
- June 26 - Carlos Jones & The PLUS Band
- July 3 - pOUT
- July 10 - Wesley Bright and the Hi-lites
- July 17 - New BarleyCorn
- July 24 - Faith and Whiskey
- July 31 - Winslow
- August 7 - The Soul Men, Blues Brothers Tribute with Shady Drive
- August 14 - Otis and the Shoreway Saints
- August 21 - Moises Borges Brazilian Jazz Band
- August 28 - The SpeedBumps
In addition to the concerts, there are movies on selected Wednesdays, starting at 9pm. The 2013 schedule is as follows:
- June 26 - "Last Days of Pompeii"
- July 10 - "Madagascar 3"
- August 7 - "The Avengers"
The Food and Drink:
Wade Oval Wednesdays feature a wine and beer garden with a view of the stage. In addition, the Cleveland Botanical Garden sponsors "Gourmets in the Garden", where visitors can sample food from area restaurants. There is a small admission fee.
Getting to Wade Oval Wednesdays:
Wade Oval is located in the heart of University Circle
, off of East Boulevard and E. 108th St. It's the large, grassy lawn in front of the Cleveland Museum of Art, and other area museums
Metered parking is available around Wade Oval. In addition, discounted parking is available after 5pm in the Cleveland Museum of Natural History and the Cleveland Botanical Garden lots.
University Circle Inc.