The Bottom Line
Lovely, wood-paneled Lockkeeper's is a special restaurant, with excellent service, delicious and creative cuisine, and a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Excellent service and warm inviting atmosphere
- Innovative and tasty food (including the best lobster in Cleveland)
- Extensive wine list, including many offerings by the glass
- Four-diamond AAA rating
- Patio overlooking the Cuyahoga River
- Meals are pricey.
- The dining room can be noisy when filled
- Lockkeeper’s Restaurant
8001 Rockside Rd.
Valley View, OH 44145
- 216 524-9404
Reservations are recommended.
Lunch – Monday – Friday: 1130am – 3pm
Saturday: 1130am – 230pm
- Dinner – Monday – Thursday: 5pm – 1030pm
Friday and Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
Sunday: 4pm – 9pm
- Sunday Brunch: 10am – 2pm
- Getting There:Take I-77 south from downtown Cleveland to Rockside Road; go east on Rockside.
Guide Review - Lockkeeper's Restaurant
Lockkeeper’s has been honored with many awards, including AAA’s prestigious four diamond designation and Wine Spectator Magazine’s 2004 Award of Excellence. Lockkeeper’s features a scenic, wrap-around patio, open between Memorial Day and Labor Day, as well as the elegant Sommelier Room, a private upstairs dining room.
The highlight of the menu is the butter-poached lobster. It melts in your mouth. (Don’t worry about the mess; Lockkeeper’s serves just the claws, knuckles, and tails lifted from the shell.) Other popular dinner entrees include sashimi-grade tuna, a grilled beef rib chop, and pan-roasted Canadian Salmon. There is also a daily five-course chef’s tasting menu, which may also be ordered with wine pairings.
Lockkeeper’s extensive wine list features many wines by the glass, including sparkling wines. The restaurant’s wine program, created by the sommelier, includes hundreds of wines by the bottle, with selections from wineries throughout the world in all price ranges. Lockkeeper’s hosts bi-monthly wine-tasting dinners, featuring different varietals, wine regions, and specific wineries.
(last updated 10-17-07)