Cleveland and northeast Ohio are known for their juicy and delicious apples. Each autumn, many of these farms open their doors to visitors and offer a variety of apple treats, hayrides, bushels of apples, and other apple events. Learn more about the area's apple farms.
- Bauman Orchards - 161 Rittman Ave., Rittman - 330 925-6861; offers many varieties of apples, both for pick-your-own and in the orchard's market. Also sells cider and other seasonal produce.
- Burnham Orchards - 8019 Route 113, Berlin Hts - 419 588-2138; offers apples, peaches, pumpkins, hayrides, a corn maze, and more; Open August - October
- Gede's Fruit Farm - 48799 Route 113, Amherst - 440 986-5161; offers apples, pumpkins, a picnic area, and a hay bale maze; Open 7 days a week through the end of October; 10am - 530pm
- Heavenly Hill Farm - 18375 State Rd., North Royalton - 440 237-8708; offers pick-your-own apples, free weekend hayrides, a kids corn maze, pumpkins, amish pies, and cider.
- Hillcrest Orchards - 50336 Route 113, Amherst - 440 965-8884; offers apples, pumpkins, a cornstalk maze, and hayrides; open July - November daily 10am - 6pm;
- Hillside Orchard and Farm Market - 2397 Center Rd., Hinckley - 330 225-4748; Sells apples and pumpkins; Open April - December: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays - 10am - 6pm
- Mapleside Farms - 294 Pearl Rd., Brunswick - 330 225-5577; has a farm market and bakery, a gift show, and the Apple Farm Restaurant, which serves lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
- Miller's Apple Hill Farm - 50549 Route 113, Amherst - 440 965-7077; offers apples, pumpkins, "Pumpkinland," and a hay maze. Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm; print a $5 coupon from their website.
- Patterson Fruit Farm - 11414 Caves Rd., Chesterland - 440 729-1964; offers gala apples, ginger gold apples, peaches, and sweet corn as well as wagon rides, a gift shop, and a corn maze.
- Pick 'n Save Orchard - 1222 Ledge Rd., Medina - 330 239-1480; offers apples, cherries, pears, peaches, pumpkins, a pumpkin patch, and hayrides; open 10am - 6pm daily from August 10 to November 15
- Pioneer Trail Orchard - 6313 Pioneer Trail, Hiram - 330 569-7464; offers apples and pumpkins as well as a gift shop and hayrides; Open Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays.
- Richardson Farms - 6984 Lafayette Rd., Medina - 330 722-4029; offers apples and pumpkins, hayrides, farm tours, and picnic pavilions; open: April to November; Monday - Saturday: 9am - 8pm and Sunday: 10am -8pm
- Smith's Fruit Farm - 6611 South Ridge East, Geneva - 440 466-2433; offers apples, berries, grapes, peaches, and pumpkins; open late July to December; daily from Noon to 5pm.
- Sunrise Farm Market - 13115 Kinsman Rd., Burton - 440 834-1298 - Offers apples, cider, pumpkins, a corn stalk maze, and a self-guided tour of a 1895 steam-powered cider mill. Open Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm.
- Quarry Hills Orchards - 8403 Mason Rd., Berlin Hts. - 419 588-2858; Open July - January, daily from 9am - 6pm
(last updated 8-15-12)