Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes
- 1 Pint sour cream (you can use reduced fat if you want)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (use light if you want)
- 4 eggs
- 8 Tbsp. (yes, 8!) of sugar
- 1 lb. of slightly undercooked egg noodles (wide ones, like Pennsylvania Dutch)
- 1/4 Box of white raisins
- 1 Can of apple pie filling
- 1 Stick plus 2 Tbsp. of butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 Cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Remainder of melted butter
Use a 9 x 13" pyrex glass baking dish (you can use metal but glass works better.)
Beat smooth sour cream, cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. Add egg noodles to the mixture. Add raisins and apple pie filling and mix.
Melt the butter and pour about 1 1/2 Tbsp. into the baking dish. Distribute onto all the sides and the bottom. Pour about 2 Tbsp. of the butter into the noodle mixture and mix well. Add a dash of cinnamon. Pour the mixture into the buttered baking dish.
Prepare the topping. In a small bowl, mix together with a fork the cornflake crumbs, cinnamon, sugar, and whatever leftover butter you have (should be about 2 Tbsp.) Sprinkle the topping over the noodle mixture until it reaches every corner. Be sure to press the noodles under so that they don't burn. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes. Undercook slightly if you'll be re-heating it before serving.
Makes 16 servings.