Many of the area's museums, including the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, offer free admission. In 2013, Martin Luther King Day is January 21. Learn more about Cleveland's Martin Luther King Day events below: All events are on January 21th unless otherwise noted. Additional events will be added as they are announced.
- Cleveland Orchestra Free Concert - January 20, 7pm; Severance Hall, University Circle; admission is free, but tickets are required; visit the Orchestra's Web site for information.
- Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Program Cleveland Public Library-Martin Luther King Jr. Branch, 1962 Stokes Blvd.; 1pm; a panel of community leaders will discuss Dr. King's legacy.
- A Tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. - January 20, 10am. Church of the Covenant, 11205 Euclid Ave.; The worship service will feature music from the African-American tradition with The Cleveland School of the Arts R. Nathaniel Dett Concert Choir, bass-baritone Robert Cantrell, and soprano Kelli Young
- Martin Luther King Memorial Recital - January 15, 3pm, free; The Music Settlement, 11125 Magnolia Dr. ; more than 10 music groups will perform, including the Cleveland Boys Choir
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History - free admission to Smead Discovery Center (lower level); 10am - 430pm
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - free admission for Cleveland residents; 10am - 530pm
- Western Reserve Historical Society - free admission; 10am - 4pm
- Cleveland Botanical Garden - free admission; 1pm - 4pm
- Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage - free admission; 11am - 5pm
(Last updated 1-1-13)