The smell of hay, the crisp cool air, the symphony of cicadas: Fall in Northeast Ohio is made for hayrides. Whether it's a relaxing ride in the fields or a spooky, "haunted" hayride, the region abounds in friendly farms with tractor or horse-drawn rides. Among them are: (updated for 2013)
- Badger's Great Pumpkin Patch - 9122 North Elyria Rd., West Salem - 419 846-3818; open through October; daily from 8am to dusk; offers hayrides, pumpkins, a petting zoo, and a straw maze.
- Burnham Orchards - 8019 Route 113, Berlin Hts - 419 588-2138; offers hayrides, a corn maze, and a farm train for kids; September - October
- Cleveland Metroparks - Chalet at Valley Pkwy, between Rts. 42 and 82 in Strongsville; 440 572-9990; Saturdays and Sundays in October; hayrides leave every 1/2 hour.
- Enderle Family Farm - 756 River Rd., Huron - 419 433-4856; free hayrides and corn maze on the first three Saturdays of October; 11am - 5pm; also sells pre-picked produce and pumpkins.
- Heavenly Hill Farm - 18375 State Rd., North Royalton - 440 237-8708; offers pick-your-own apples, free weekend hayrides(Saturday and Sunday noon to 4pm), a kids corn maze, pumpkins, Amish pies, and cider.
- Heritage Farms - 6050 Riverview Rd., Peninsula - 330 657-2330; offers hayrides, corn mazes, pumpkins, and mums; Open September 25 - October 31; Wednesday - Friday: Noon - 5pm; Saturday and Sunday: 10am - 5pm
- Luther's Farm Market - 5150 Alger Rd., Richfield - 330 659-2526; offers hayrides, a petting zoo, and a pumpkin cannon; open Saturdays and Sundays through October.
- Mapleside Farms- 294 Pearl Rd., Brunswick - 330 225-5577; offers horse-drawn hayrides and pony rides as well as a child-sized haybale maze, a snack and refreshment stand, pre-picked produce, and a gift shop. October 1 through 31.
- May's Farm - 4357 Alexander Rd., Randolph - 330 325-7796; offers tractor-pulled hayrides as well as kids face-painting, a petting zoo, a corn maze, a gift shop, and pre-picked produce.
- Patterson's Apple Farm - 11414 Caves Rd., Chesterland - 440 729-1964; offers wagon-drawn hayrides to a pumpkin patch; open weekends from mid-September through October.
- Pick n Save Orchard - 1222 Ledge Rd., Medina - 330 239-1480; offers horse-drawn hayrides, tractor-pulled hayrides a picnic area, and pre-picked produce
- Ramseyer Farms - 3488 Akron Rd., Wooster; 330 264-0264; offers tractor-driven hayrides, a pumpkin patch, straw and corn mazes, a child-size hay bale maze, pre-picked produce, and a refreshment stand; Open September and October; Tuesday - Friday: 4pm - 7pm, Saturdays: 11am - 7pm, Sundays (in October only): 1pm - 5pm
- Ridgeview Farm Market - 5488 Kinsman Rd., State Route 87, Middlefield - 440 693-4000; offers hayrides, a corn maze, pumpkins, a petting zoo, and an Amish lunch stand; open Saturdays and Sundays from mid-September through October.
(Last updated 9-29-13)