The Bottom Line
- Relaxed pub-like atmosphere
- Good, hearty, unpretensious food
- Serves until Midnight during the week and 1am on Fridays and Saturdays
- Live, quality jazz several nights a week
- Stephen's Green: the heated outdoor patio, complete with a waterfall
- Not a great place for kids.
12387 Cedar Rd.
Cleveland Hts., OH 44106
- 216 795-0550
Monday - Thursday: 1130am - Midnight
Friday and Saturday: 1130am - 1am
- Sunday: brunch - 10am - 3pm; dinner - 3pm - Midnight
- Muncipal, metered parking located behind the restaurant
Valet parking is also offered most nights.
- Les Roberts mystery novel fans will recognize the restaurant as a favorite of hero, Milan Jakovich.
Guide Review - Nighttown
Nighttown, named for the "red light" district in James Joyce's masterpiece Ulysses, features a classic menu of pub fare, seafood, and grilled items. Starters include a creamy and tasty clam chowder and a bowl of "Little Steamers", a mixture of little neck clams and mussels. Pub fare includes traditional Irish favorites, such as "Bangers and Mash" (sausages and mashed potatoes), lamb stew, and meatloaf (this one made with veal).
Entrees include the restaurant's speciality, the "Dublin Lawyer", a mixture of lobster meat, mushrooms, scallions, and cream, served over rice pilaf. Other highlights include a juicy and tender Prime Rib; Trout Almondine; and Chevre Chicken, over-roasted chicken with goat cheese, shallots, and walnuts.
Jazz at Nighttown
Nighttown features live jazz several nights a week. Local favorites, including Ahmad Jamal and Bucky Pizzarelli, are regular performers.
Special Occasions at Nighttown
Nighttown welcomes special events, such as birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, and Bar Mitzvahs. They can accommodate from 15 to 150 guests for such events.
(last updated 01-07-07)