From fine art to rock and roll, Northeast Ohio provides a rich and diverse foundation of museums that are both educational and entertaining. So grab your college ID, step off campus, and embrace the regions cultural offerings on a student budget.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden: $5.50 tickets on Wednesdays with a student ID.
- Cleveland Museum of Art: $1 off special exhibits. (The permanent collection is free when it reopens, beginning in mid-2008.)
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History: $5 admission with a student ID.
- Museum of Contemporary Art: $3 admission with a student ID.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: $2 off a $20 regular adult admission.
- Western Reserve Historical Society: a $5 student ticket includes the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, the Library, and the History Museum.
Instead of sitting in your room watching your favorite sports on television, witness the live action and thrilling environment of the game in person. Many of the area's sports teams offer student discounts.
- Cleveland Cavaliers: regular season, select weekday games, $10 off select tickets, call in advance and go to the door with ID.
- Cleveland Indians: Student Discount dates 2007: June 6, July 26, August 30, September 18; half-off Lower Reserve, Upper Box and Upper Reserve.
- Lake County Captains: every Thursday $2 off.
- Cleveland Rock Gym: Boulder and flat rope climbing every Friday from 4pm to 10pm for $8, and half-off equipment rental.
- Winterhurst Ice Rink: “Late Skate” once a month on a Friday from 11pm to 1am September to May for $3.
The entertainment scene of Northeast Ohio reflects the diversity of the region with a world-renowned orchestra, talented theatre groups, dynamic dance companies, and unique movie theaters. No matter the day of the week or the budget, there is always something to see that can help take your mind of college angst.
- Cain Park: $2 off event tickets.
- Cedar Lee Theatre: $5 tickets to all movies on Monday.
- Cleveland Cinematheque: $8 admission. 11141 East Blvd, Cleveland (216)421-7450; valid through April 30, 2008.
- The Cleveland Orchestra: select performances, $10 per ticket Thursdays and Sundays, or $15 per ticket Fridays and Saturdays.
- Cleveland Public Theatre: $10 tickets depending on availability.
- Great Lakes Theater Festival: $13 tickets with a college ID.
- Karamu House: $13 student tickets to all main stage plays.
- Kent Plaza Theatre: $5 tickets all day on Monday and Tuesday.
- Red (an orchestra): $5 balcony seats with a college ID.
- Tower City Center Dinemas: $5.25 tickets.
Northeast Ohio’s restaurants offer diverse delectables able to please the most discriminating palate and munchies craving. Whether you order in or go out, don’t wait to use your discount.
- Algebra Tea House: Free tea with purchase of dinner and 10% off any purchase of their teas. 2136 Murray Hill Rd, Cleveland (216)421-9007; valid through April 30, 2008.
- Amazing Wok: 10% discount. 2169 S. Taylor Rd, Cleveland Heights(216)397-8282; valid through April 30, 2008.
- bd's mongolian barbeque: 10% off all food purchases, 1854 Coventry, Cleveland Heights, (216)932-1185; valid through April 30, 2008.
- Boarding House: 5% off purchases of $25 or more (some restrictions may apply). 11313 Euclid Ave, Cleveland (216)791-5005; valid through April 30, 2008.
- Corbo's Bakery: Large coffee, biscotti, cookie or pastry of choice $1.50 any hour of the day; $5 off any occasion cake; free 20oz bottled pop or water with any purchase. 12200 Mayfield Rd., Cleveland (216)421-8181; valid through April 30, 2008.
- El Rodeo Authentic Mexican Restaurant: 20% discount between 2:30pm and 5pm. 6030 Mayfield Rd, Mayfield Heights (440)684-9535 and 8377 Washington St, Bainbridge (440)543-1186; valid through April 30, 2008.
- Lemon Grass Restaurant: 10% discount. 2179 Lee Rd, Cleveland (216)321-0210; valid through April 30, 2008.
- Mr. Hero: 10% off any regular priced menu item. 11590 Euclid Ave, Cleveland (216)231-1244; valid through April 30, 2008.
- Teresa's Pizza: $3 off any purchase over $10. 2165 S. Taylor Rd, University Heights (216)321-3900; valid through April 30, 2008.
- That Place on Bellflower: 10% discount. 11401 Bellflower Rd, Cleveland (216)231-4469; valid through April 30, 2008.
Your student ID can save you money even on everyday necessities like car maintenance, haircuts, and even an attorney. Next time you need to run errands, make sure you check out these savings and take you student ID with you.