The Cleveland Indians' Spring Training takes place each February and March at their training facility in Goodyear, Arizona (near Phoenix). Visitors can see the team work out and watch the home exhibition games at Goodyear Ballpark.
Goodyear is a growing community of around 45,000 residents, located about 20 minutes southwest of Phoenix. The city boasts 320+ days of sunshine each year as well as striking views of the Estrella Mountains and beautiful desert vistas. For more about what to see and do in Goodyear, visit the Goodyear city Web site.
Cleveland Indians Training Complex:
The Cleveland Indians training complex includes 185 acres of practice fields and training facilities; a 10,000-seat, state-of-the art stadium, Goodyear Ballpark, which the Indians share with the Cincinnati Reds; and 57 acres of mixed use (hotel, office, shopping and dining, and residential) space.
Indians' Spring Training Schedule:
The Cleveland Indians 2013 Spring Training Home Game Schedule is as follows: (times are local, MST. For times in Cleveland, add two hours.)
- February 22 - Cincinnati - 105pm
- February 24 - Cincinnati Reds - 105pm
- February 26 - Kansas City Royals - 105pm
- February 27 - Seattle Mariners - 105pm
- March 1 - Chicago White Sox - 105pm
- March 2 - San Diego Padres - 105pm
- March 6 - LA Dodgers - 105pm
- March 7 - SF Giants - 105pm
- March 10 - Texas Rangers - 105pm
- March 11 - LA Angels - 105pm
- March 14 - Kansas City Royals - 105pm
- March 16 - SF Giants - 705pm
- March 18 - Milwaukee Brewers - 105pm
- March 22 - Arizona Diamondbacks - 705pm
- March 24 - Chicago Cubs - 105pm
- March 26 - Oakland A's - 105pm
- March 30 - Cincinnati Reds - 12noon
Tickets to Spring Training Games:
Individual game tickets to Cleveland Indians spring training games range from $30 for terrace seating to $8 for berm seats. Discounts are offered for groups of 20 or more. Individual tickets may be purchased at the Cleveland Indians website, via Ticketmaster, or at the Progressive Field box office.
Spring Training Promotions:
Game promotions include several autograph days, college ID nights, "kids run the bases" days, educator days, and military appreciation day.
Hotels near Cleveland Indians Spring Training:
Hotels with special Cleveland Indians spring training rates located near Goodyear Ballpark include the Arizona Grand (check rates), Springhill Suites (check rates), the Hampton Inn (check rates), and the Comfort Inn (check rates).
Travel Packages for Spring Training:
The Cleveland Indians sponsor three, five, and seven night Spring Training packages. These include accommodations at a choice of hotels, a rental car, preferred game tickets, a custom sports merchandise package, and all taxes. Airfare is additional. Visit the Indians website for details.
(Last updated on 12-01-12)
Go to About.com Cleveland home page.