The Cleveland Harbor West Pierhead lighthouse sits at the west end of the breakwater leading to the Port of Cleveland. Constructed in 1911, the lighthouse was automated in 1965 and still flashes its beacon to alert ships every five seconds. The original Fresnel lens in now on exhibit at the nearby Great Lakes Science Center.
The lighthouse is closed to the public, but can be viewed at close range from the several Lake Erie cruise boats that depart downtown Cleveland, such as the Goodtime III and the Nautica Queen.
To shop for an art print of the Cleveland Lighthouse at dusk, click here.
(Last updated on 12-19-10)