A part of the Western Reserve Historical Society, Shandy Hall is a 17-room, early 19th century Ashtabula County home. Shandy Hall is a good example of early Western Reserve architecture and design. Currently, Shandy Hall is open by appointment only. Call the Western Reserve Historical Society at 216 721-5722 for more information.
Shandy Hall was built in 1815 by Colonel Robert Harper, an early settler of the Connecticut Western Reserve. The house was named for his daughter's favorite novel, "Tristram Shandy." Her copy of the book is on display in the house. The structure was added onto frequently under it included 17 rooms. Shandy Hall opened as a museum in the 1930s. It closed in 2009.
Exhibits at Shandy Hall include much of the original furniture and accessories that belonged to the Harper family. In addition, the flower and herb garden have been restored to their original condition.