The Bottom Line
- Casual, relaxed atmsophere
- A fun way to experience Japanese cuisine
- Best #2 in "Best of Akron" restaurant poll by Akron Life and Leisure Magazine
- Communal tables are fun, but not intimate.
- Otani Japanese Restaurant
1684 Merriman Rd.
Akron, OH 44313
- (330) 836-1500
- Dinner Price Range: $9 - $20
- Payment Methods: American Express, Master Card, Visa
- Hours:Monday Saturday 11:30 am 2pm and 5pm - 9pm
Guide Review - Otani Japanese Restaurant - Akron
The chefs are great at personalizing the experience for the crowd. They cracks jokes; throw food high into the air; make art out of the fried rice in shapes, such as a heart; and create onion volcanoes with fire flaming high up into the air.
Discount Coupon for Otani:
The 2007 Entertainment Book for the Akron Area has a discount coupon for both lunch and dinner. For more information, or to order yours, click here. To order, use zip code 44115 for Cleveland and 44307 for Akron.
From Cleveland:Take I-77 S; take Ghent Rd. S exit; merge onto Ghent Rd.; turn Left onto Smith Rd.; turn Right onto Riverview Rd., which becomes Merriman Rd.
From Akron: Take Sand Run Rd.; turn Right on Smith Rd.; turn Right onto Riverview Rd., which becomes Merriman Rd.