The Bottom Line
- Healthy, satisfying food for lunch or a casual dinner
- Plenty of take-home options for dinner or holiday meals with all the trimmings
- Award-winning ham available in various cuts
- Catering service available
- Shipping available
- To-go cups for fountain drinks are flimsy
- Honey Baked Ham and Cafe
3867 Medina Rd. (Rt. 18) Suite C
Akron, OH 44333
- Hours: Monday – Friday 10am – 7pm, Saturday 10am – 6pm, Sunday 11am – 4pm, call for extended holiday hours
Guide Review - Honey Baked Ham and Cafe
A menu is display, but grab a carryout menu for a complete description and pricing. There is a surprisingly wide variety of flavors and styles of hot or cold sandwiches. Choose from selections of ham, premium roast beef, turkey, classic cuts of lunch meats, vegetarian, salads, soups, and desserts.
The small dining area seats around 30 in various seating arrangements, some around the stone fireplace. It is a casual, clean, and inviting kid-friendly environment.
I ordered the Cheesesteak Melt made with roast beef, melted provolone cheese, roasted peppers, onions, balsamic vinaigrette on a white roll. I was very pleasantly surprised at the flavor combination; the vinaigrette dressing pulled it altogether. The sandwich size is generous, as are the toppings. My guest ordered the Tuscan Pesto Turkey (pictured above)prepared with HoneyBaked roast turkey, provolone cheese, baby greens, tomato, red onion, and basil & garlic pesto sauce with balsamic vinaigrette on a white roll. This too was served hot. The fresh vegetables paired very nicely with the warm turkey with melted cheese. The basil and garlic pesto sauce made the sandwich full of flavor and the baby greens added a freshness and uniqueness to the flavor.