The Bottom Line
- Delicious Sushi
- Elegant, yet cozy setting
- Half-price sushi happy hour
- Relaxed atmosphere
- No children's menu
- Bigeye Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar
2695West Market Street
Fairlawn, OH 44333
- 330 836-4433
- Reservations are advisable.
- Hours:Monday – Saturday Lunch: 1130am – 230pm;
- Monday – Thursday Dinner: 430pm – 10pm; Friday and Saturday Dinner: 430pm – 11pm, Sunday 430pm – 9pm
- Ample Rite Aid shopping plaza parking
- Dinner Price Range: $15-$30+
- Lunch Price Range: $9-13+
- Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
Guide Review - Bigeye Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar
The easily-navigated menu includes appetizers, soups, salads, Japanese entrees, sushi appetizers, and sushi maki and special rolls.
The Crab Puffs appetizer, a new menu item and a favorite among guests, has a crisp outside layer that contrasts wonderfully with the creamy, hot filling. It was delicious by itself and dipped in either the sweet and sour sauce or mustard. The presentation was impressive with artistically placed swirls of sauces on the plate.
We enjoyed the Calamari salad for our next course. The salad was exquisite, with a variety of lettuces, including bok choy, and spring mix tossed with mandarin oranges, nuts, and a very generous amount of fried calamari on top. The dressing was a tangy, mouth-watering balsamic vinaigrette.
The main course of sushi was presented on a gorgeous platter. The California Masago Maki rolls were delicious. Everything is fresh, nothing frozen and you can tell. We also tried the house special Kiss rolls. They are a wonderful combination of spicy tuna, cucumber, crunch roll, tuna, salmon, and avocado. No detail was forgotten, down to the fresh ginger to cleanse the palate. The portions are generous.
The staff at Bigeye Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar is very friendly and attentive but not overbearing. They keep the atmosphere relaxed by serving the food in separate courses so that you can adequately enjoy each part of the meal. I recommend trying Bigeye on your next dinner out or special occasion, even if you are a novice at sushi, you might be surprised as I was.