Nela Park, best known to Cleveland residents for its spectacular holiday lighting display, was built in 1911 on a former abandoned vineyard in what was then rural Ohio. The campus includes more than 40, mostly Georgian Revival-style, buildings, all but two of which were designed in the early 1910s by the New York architectural firm of Wallis and Goodwillie. Nela Park was made a National Historic Site in 1975.
The location is proud of its connection to the National Christmas Tree. Each year, since 1922, the Nela Park has designed, produced, and donated the decorations for the tree.
(photo of Nela Park is a public domain photo)